Friday, May 24, 2013

Opportunities taken

The anniversary trip to Ireland was months in the planning.  We bought books to help us navigate the journey and every Sunday we watched YouTube videos that others had posted to better educate ourselves on the lay of the land.  We had maps....
 
 
            
 
            post-its in all the books highlighting the important roads to take and places to see. 

                                            And we did it all.  Everything we set out to do.


                                                         But we saw things unexpected. 
 
 









              We came across breathtaking views whose beauty cannot be seen in photographs

 
 
 

                                                  We met people from all over the world.





                                                              And we found each other.


                                 Before we left my husband posted the following on Facebook.
Tonight I get to run away with the girl I fell in love with 35 years ago.  She captured my heart the first time I met her.......We will celebrate the anniversary of our thirty fifth year of marriage in Ireland,
          enjoying each other and remembering who we are and not what life has tried to make us. 


                                                          I believe we did just that. 






1 comment:

  1. Love this... My friend from Germany was telling me about the locks on a bridge and how a friend had sent her and Mike a lock w/their names engraved on it. It was great to see what she was talking about.
    Your pictures are wonderful and I am very glad that you two had such a great trip and time together!
    ;-) Lacey

    ReplyDelete