Thursday, November 13, 2014

NaBloPoMo

I mentioned that I had signed up for the challenge of NaBloPoMo ,(National Blog Post Month), on November 1, thanks to a friend I have never met, but a sister blogger who is pretty awesome at combining words into a treasured read.  I have signed up for NaNoWriMo, (National Novel Writing Month), in the past but have not been able to make it to the coveted 50,000 word goal. 

I have been working at the craft of hair styling for almost 17 years now and it is a job that has saved me in many ways.  That must be a post for a later date.  That said, I wish they made these lovely "do it every day all month long" challenges for another month.  I am incredibly busy during November due to the upcoming holidays and the decoration of the house and it makes it an added challenge to get a post up everyday.  I have missed two and feel a little disappointed in myself. 

This morning I woke up and remembered that I had been too tired to post last night.  Too tired, in fact, to remember to post.  My body and brain were mush and once I shoved some delicious dinner into my face, I was out for the night.  But as I prepared for my long work day today, I began to ask myself why I agree to accept the challenge and why I would contemplate beating myself up over a swing and a miss....so to speak.  I signed up for a jump start back into writing but  I had no good answers for beating myself up over not keeping up with the pace so,  I decided to let it go. 

I love writing and I love trying to master the ability to put into words what my heart and mind feel and think.  I have time while blow drying clients to carry on delightful conversations with myself and to ponder some of the topics that are discussed in my chair.  So I am hoping to grab onto something during the day today and process it until I finish around 8 tonight and am able to put it here.

Moral of this whole post?  I am in charge of every challenge that comes my way.  I must play the cards I'm dealt and be kind to myself along the way.  Here's to hoping you are kind to yourself when the expectations you have laid down aren't quite met.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, being kind to oneself.
    There's a month of posts right there!

    I'm not sure but I think BlogHer does a month of posts every month with a theme. I agree with you Novemeber is a hard month to post every day.

    I learned in the mountains that I like perimeters, and a few rules, but also like the freedom to do it my way! I have enjoyed everything you've written, the schedule doesn't mean that much to me. I say do what you can. Be proud of that.

    ReplyDelete